Friday, October 15, 2010

Product Review: Lacura

First off, let me start by telling you that I love makeup. I have more makeup than 10 people should have (probably more than 10 if I’m being honest). I love trying new products, particularly ones from high-end makeup counters :-) I have tried products from every mall brand you could possibly think of, and tons from all the standard drug store brands as well. Usually it’s very apparent which one’s the cheapie brand and which you shelled out the big bucks for. Until now. Aldi’s makeup brand, Lacura, is the best of both world’s. It’s dirt cheap – nothing over $3.49 - and performs like (actually, I think better than) a big name brand. Also, the packaging is very sleek, making it look expensive. I bought face cleanser, Q10 day cream, two shades of foundation, eyeliner, an eyeshadow duo, pressed powder, lip gloss, and waterproof mascara for $28.00 including tax! This is unheard of! Let me tell you…wow. I’m looking my best today for sure. The foundation goes on like a dream. Perfect coverage while feeling light (definitely not cakey) and a great match to my skin tone. I am in love! I was also especially impressed by the eyeshadow – very silky and easily blended. One downside: it’s very perfumey. Like an old lady (particularly the lip gloss). However, it dissipates quickly, so I’m ok with it. Totally worth the trade off. What’s your favorite brand or product? I would love to try it!

Dare to compare? Just as a little experiment, I looked up the comparable products and what the prices would be at Clinique. This is a middle of the road make-up counter at the mall, much better than drug store, but not as pricey as Lancome or MAC. So, here we go: Creamy face wash $18.50; anti-aging cream $48.50; foundation $23.00 (x2 shades = $46.00); eyeliner $14.50; eyeshadow duo $17.50; pressed powder $19.00; lip gloss $14.00; waterproof mascara $14.00. Bringing the grand total to $192.00! If you bought the Lacura over the Clinique, you would save a whopping $164.00 and I promise you - the quality is right in line with eachother. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment