Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 7 - Thankful for Eavesdropping

First, I want to point out the fact that it's obvious that we missed 10/10/10 with the 30 days of blogging, but I'm counting Rose's last post as yesterday's.  You'll forgive us, I'm sure.  And with that said, we are back on schedule!  But I digress...

Today I am thankful that I had my sliding glass door out onto the deck open, because I overheard one of the best (or worst, if you're the person I overheard) one-sided phone conversations ever.  I was working this morning, and it was about 6:30.  I had just received an email stating that I would need to work "mandatory overtime" all this week and weekend when I overheard someone shouting.  I peeked out my window to see a woman barking into her cell phone.  And then, I heard this:

"You call him and tell him that we're about to lose our ass!"

With that, I was reminded that it could always be worse.  And I was thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment