Monday, October 18, 2010

Parmesan Skillet Chicken

In case you haven't gathered it, I love chicken.  It's my go-to meal staple.  Basically, it just becomes a question of what I'm going to do with the chicken each night.  It's been awhile since I made this recipe, and I'm kind of mad that I haven't made it lately because it's SO good.  It feels fancy without being difficult to make.  And the flavors - WHOA!  Look out.  It's like Italy took over your kitchen and then hijacked all of your tastebuds.  Here are the ingredients...

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thin is preferred - or you can butterfly two breasts and pound them out)

1/4 cup parmesan cheese

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 cup sliced mushrooms

1/2 teaspoon crushed rosemary (I use a little more, because I love this flavor)

1 can (14.5 ounces) Del Monte Italian-style stewed tomatoes

cooked pasta of your choice (don't you love the freedom I give you?)

First, coat the chicken with the parmesan cheese - really press that cheese into the chicken.  In a large skillet, cook the chicken in the olive oil over medium heat until done.  Remove the chicken from the skillet and cover with foil or a lid to keep warm.  In the same skillet, cook the mushrooms and rosemary until soft.  Add the tomatoes.  Cook uncovered over medium heat until the sauce thickens.  Spoon sauce over pasta and top with the chicken. 

Deliciousness (and happiness) abounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment