Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 16 - Thankful for Apple Items

Disclaimer:  This post is NOT about my love for Apple brand products (iPads, iPhones, iMacs, iPods, etc).  No, no it's not.  I actually own nothing that Apple has created.  It's true.  I don't even have iTunes on my computer.  But I digress.

I think we've established that I love seasonal items, what with the explosion of pumpkin recipes a few weeks back.  Pumpkin isn't all I love about Fall though - I also love anything that has to do with apples.  Here are two of my current absolute favorite things:

1. Spiced Cider 3-wick candle from Bath & Body Works.  I am convinced that this is what Heaven smells like.  Or at least a really nice Hallmark store (which is pretty close to Heaven, if you ask me.  I know, I'm crazy...but this is my blog.  I'm allowed).  If you don't want to spend the 20 bucks on the 3 wick, the store runs sales on the smaller candles, and you can try them in a whole bunch of scents.  But trust me...this is the way you want to go.



2. Apple Butter.  Of any kind.  You can get this at a farmer's market, an orchard, at Cracker Barrel, or on the table at Bob Evans.  Or in the jam aisle at the grocery store - Smucker's makes a darn good commercial apple butter.  And it's delicious.  I've been using it instead of jelly on my peanut butter sandwiches as of late, and that's a trend that will most likely continue until...well...forever.



Try these things - you will love them.  You'll get the warm fuzzies.  And you're welcome in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment