Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 23 - Thankful for Weather Broadcasts

I know that many of us had some crazy weather yesterday.  However, when this weather interfered with my weekly NCIS fest on CBS, I was not too happy.  Until I realized that the weatherman was equally entertaining.  Have you ever noticed that meterologists get totally jazzed whenever they are talking about bad weather?  He was in the midst of telling people that if they lived in a mobile home to abandon it and run for a ditch...and he was excited.  Not nervous, apprehensive, or incredibly concerned.  Excited! 

He was also encouraging people to submit photos of anything that they had seen, but then was truly appalled when the photos came into the station.  There was one particular photo that showed a softball game being played while there was a funnel cloud in the distance.  Actual quote from Mr. Weatherman: "I have to say, I'm incredibly upset by this picture.  Why is the game still being played?  There had to have been lightning...there are people in an open field...this is not good."



I almost wish I was still under a tornado warning so that he was still on TV.  Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment