Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

These are so cute! I got the recipe from kevinandamanda and I think everyone in the office is really going to enjoy these. They are my little Halloween treat for my coworkers. First step is to use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe for the cookie dough, only substitute 2 Tablespoons of milk for each egg. Freeze 1.5 T balls over night, which keeps them from baking inside the cupcake. I just used Moist Deluxe yellow cake mix (with the pudding in the mix - can't go wrong with pudding) and filled the cupcake tins 3/4 of the way full.  Just plop the frozen cookie dough ball on top of the batter. No need to press down or anything, the cupcake will rise as the frozen ball sinks and it's a perfect little hidden treat inside - you can't tell at all! Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. I used the following recipe for the frosting, and it tastes just like cookie dough.

Cookie Dough Buttercream Frosting

3 sticks softened butter

3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)

3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 Tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Technically, you are supposed to cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy and then add the powdered sugar a little at a time, then beat in the rest of the ingredients, but I put everything in a bowl and just went to town. I find that it gives a sugary texture (still grainy) which I love. Then, decorate as you like and enjoy :-)

[caption id="attachment_463" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Cookie Dough Cupcakes Inside"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_464" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Cookie Dough Cupcakes"][/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment