Thursday, July 29, 2010

Grandma’s Olive Spread

Let me start off by saying that this is an acquired taste. I think you either love this or hate it. I love it - maybe because no one else really liked it, and grandma would make it just for me. I don’t know, but I crave it. For me, this is one of the ultimate comfort foods. If you like green olives, give it a shot. It's fantastic with the butterfly shaped butter crackers.

8 oz package of cream cheese

1 cup chopped pecans

1 cup chopped green manzanilla olives

Little bit of mayonnaise

2 tablespoons of the olive juice

These are the exact directions from grandma – I could change them, but it’s not as funny:

Stir well. This should be mushy, but it will thicken. Let the cream cheese get soft (room temperature). You don’t really need the mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment