Thursday, July 29, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip

A classic. Also, this may be the recipe from the hot sauce bottle, I don’t know and I’m not going to look it up. I’ve been given a few different recipes for this, and this is the best and probably the easiest. Once people know this stuff’s in the room – look out. It’s like a stampede.

2 large cans chicken breast, shredded

1 small bottle Hidden Valley ranch dressing

1 pound bag shredded cheddar cheese

1 package cream cheese

Frank’s Red Hot to taste ( I think I usually use about a 1/4 cup)

Melt all the ingredients together in a pan, leaving out a handful of cheddar. Put mixture into the crockpot, sprinkle the cheese on top, and let simmer for at least 2 hours before serving. It’s ready when it’s all heated together in the pan, but do yourself a favor and don’t leave out the crockpot step. It makes it so much better and all the flavors come together in a beautiful way. I like serving this with Tostidos Scoops.

1 comment:

  1. [...] crack open a bottle of wine, do a mask and whip up some of Jenny’s Easy Crab Dip or my Buffalo Chicken Dip… Girl’s Night! Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)Apple Pie Parfait [...]

    ReplyDelete