Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Easy Crab Dip

My mom taught me how to make this when I was in middle school, and I've made it for every party I've ever been invited to since then.  It's foolproof, it's pretty, and it tastes delicious.  It looks and tastes a lot fancier than it actually is - it impresses everyone.  Here are the ingredients:

1 8 oz package of cream cheese

6 oz cocktail sauce (about half of a jar, or less depending on taste)

6 oz can lump crab meat (you can find this in the same section as the tuna)

1 thinly sliced green onion

Spread the cream cheese evenly over a plate (I usually use something decorative so it looks prettier).  Using the back of a spoon, spread the cocktail sauce over top of the cream cheese.  You should now have 2 layers.  Drain and fluff the crab meat, then sprinkle generously over the top of the cocktail sauce.  Half of the can is more than enough - you can save the rest in the fridge.  Sprinkle the green onion over top of the crab meat.  You're done!  I usually serve this with crackers (Club original work really well, or any other kind of buttery and delicious cracker).

1 comment:

  1. [...] some girlfriends together, crack open a bottle of wine, do a mask and whip up some of Jenny’s Easy Crab Dip or my Buffalo Chicken Dip… Girl’s Night! Possibly related posts: (automatically [...]

    ReplyDelete