Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bedroom Re-vamp: AFTER

I tried to wait until this afternoon to post.  I really did.  But I was just too excited to wait!

 


This is the view of my new-and-improved bedroom as it is NOW.   I'm not sure if the pictures do it justice, but it's so heavenly to me I can't even explain it.

 


New view of the bed.   What a difference just a few items make!  Bedskirt, sheets, and throw pillows are from Target.  Duvet cover is the original one, from Overstock.com.  New lamp base and shade are from Walmart.

 


This may be one of my favorite items in the room!  Sheer curtains are from Kirkland's.  Hydrangea garland & brown satin ribbon to tie the curtains back are from Michael's.

 


Close-up of the hydrangea garland...as my Gram always told me, "everything needs a little bit of yellow!"  Also, please note that the curtains have little grids on them, like my duvet cover.  SERIOUSLY.  What an amazing score from Kirkland's!

 


The bookshelf that started it all.  I had decided I needed one and after I put it in my room, I felt like everything else deserved to be changed too.  Bookshelf is from Target.  Bud vases on the top of the shelf are from Partylite, and the hydrangea flowers are from Michael's.

 


Dresser area.  Mirror is from Kirkland's.  Lamp base, vase, and hydrangea flowers are from Walmart.   TV moved into the other corner, angled out to face my bed, so much more cozy.

 


LOVE these flowers.  The colors were perfect!

 


Found this adorable plaque at my local Hallmark.  I had to have it!  (Please, ignore the dust on my dresser.  We're all human, right?)

 


Another view of the whole room - romantic, warm, and comfortable.  Just how I wanted!

 

Have you done any DIY projects lately?  Please share!  This was so much fun...onto the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment