Monday, January 23, 2012

Bedroom Re-Vamp: BEFORE

Recently, I've had the feeling that I needed to change/update my bedroom.  It was a little dormy for my tastes, and since I'm "knocking on 30's door" as my sister says, I thought maybe I should make it look a little more grown-up.  Thus began a 4 week project of cleaning, throwing away, updating, and upgrading.  I had so much fun!  To tell you the truth, I'm kind of sad that I'm done.  But I'm NOT sad that I now have such a lovely room!

 

I really wanted something that was fun and that also represented me (I love elegant and girly things, but I've never been a fan of lace, or the color pink for that matter). I wanted it to be romantical (made-up word), warm, welcoming, and homey.   I live in an apartment and although I could paint if I wanted to, I wanted to try to stay away from that and really just upgrade the things that I already had in my room to begin with.

 

Here are some "before" pictures:



This was the view of my room as you walked in my bedroom door.   This was taken after I had just moved and set everything up, so I didn't have a lot of clutter at this point and I had brought absolutely NONE of my book collection with me.    Things looked pretty plain, but it was mine, and this was my first apartment.  I felt like I had so much space!

 



This was how my bed looked like before.  LOVE the duvet cover, and yes that is a stuffed animal on the top of my pillows.  I love that little dog, okay?

 



This was how my far wall looked - TV and DVD shelves, dresser, random wheeled cart where I kept magazines and whatnot.  Stereo and CD's on top of the dresser.  Random palm tree poster that I framed (from college) for some wall art.

 

I can't wait to post the "AFTER" pictures tomorrow!  The change is pretty dramatic, but the major components were not really changed.   It was definitely my first DIY project, and I'm pretty proud of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment