Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Restaurant Quality" Chicken

The name comes from my lovely roommate - I made this chicken one night with ingredients we had in the pantry and it was a flavorful and delicious hit.  There's definitely a "comfort food" quality about this dish.  Here's a little tip/confession - I'm not ashamed to say that I LOVE boxed rice pilaf (I'm a Rice-A-Roni girl).  And it's the perfect compliment to this dish.  You could definitely serve it with Rose's garlic mashed potatoes instead though - yum yum.  That would definitely kick it up a notch.  I'm a firm believer that there is no such thing as too much garlic.  I think it's almost dinner time!

4 boneless chicken breast halves, pounded thin

1/4 cup breadcrumbs

1/4 cup parmesan cheese

1 tablespoon garlic salt (sounds like a lot, but it's so worth it)

1 tablespoon italian seasoning OR oregano (remember, this is a "whatever you have on hand" thing)

Season the chicken with salt and pepper.  Take a baking dish (I usually use a corningware dish - they are extremely easy to clean) and drizzle a good amount of olive oil on the bottom of the dish.  Place the chicken in the dish and drizzle the top with olive oil.  Mix all of the dry ingredients together and cover the top of the chicken with the mixture, making sure there is no chicken showing.  Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. [...] will travel for food stories about food, travel, and friendship Skip to content HomeAbout ← “Restaurant Quality” Chicken [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] instead, I’m using it on everything…on pizza, for tacos, and even in the topping to my Restaraunt Quality Chicken.  Try it…and don’t be scared.  A few flakes, and you’re on your way to Spicy [...]

    ReplyDelete