Monday, September 13, 2010

Cabo Fish Taco

Recently, Rose came to visit me in my lovely state of North Carolina.  I love it so much here that I get a little teary when I think about it.  So naturally, I was delighted to share this place with my best friend.  I was also delighted that we were going to be adventurous and eat at Cabo Fish Taco.  I love seafood and I love mexican food.  Rose and I also experienced what was possibly the best mexican food ever together (stay tuned for post on Casa Garcia), so obviously we were excited to combine these two loves.

Honestly, the food at this place had an explosion of deliciousness that I have not ever experienced.  Some of the things seem like they would be weird combinations, or too many different consistencies.  I am consistency freak.  In the words of Facebook, I "dislike" anything that has too many different consistencies.  They are nightmarish to me.  Cabo Fish Taco was not a nightmare...but rather a dream come true.  I felt like I was on vacation in California.  Both Rose and I were surprised and gleeful about not only the overall tastiness of the food, but also the portions.  If you don't believe me, or if you think that seafood and mexican food don't jive, you can watch a clip of the cooking going on at the restaurant - yes, this place was indeed on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.  Chew on that! 

Vital Stats: http://www.cabofishtaco.com/ - there are only two locations, so next time you're near Blacksburg, VA or Charlotte, NC...

What to eat: try their Mango BBQ Mahi Mahi tacos or the Beer Battered White Fish tacos.  And, as an added bonus, you can find the actual recipe for the Mango BBQ tacos here!

Cabo Craziness: Exhibit A - picture of the women's bathroom. Can anyone explain this? Because I can't.

[caption id="attachment_196" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Cabo Fish Taco bathrooms"][/caption]

1 comment:

  1. [...] in an email once, and she responded at the end of her email with this:  “By the way, the double toilet in your blog was a riot, and the recipes divine.  Ciao.” [...]

    ReplyDelete